PERSONAL PETITION FOR FIRST PROFESSION
(cf. Dir 205, 217)
Very Rev. ……………………..
Major Superior of …………..
Very Rev. Father Provincial:
As the completion of the time of probation is near at hand, in compliance of the norms established in the Code of Canon Law and in the Directory of our Congregation, I am writing you most sincerely and respectfully, and I hereby
1. That I seek admission, fully aware of what I am doing, in good faith and freely, that is, without guile or fraud, and without being subject to fear or force.
2. That I have a sincere will to profess and remain in the Congregation until death, unless before my perpetual profession I should be overcome by some obstacle which I cannot foresee at present.
3. That I am unaware of having or concealing any excluding impediment or notable defect that could stand in the way of my admission or profession.
4. That I gladly accept the obligations that the religious life entails, as it is practiced or professed in this Congregation.
5. That since religious profession is not in the nature of a work contract between the religious and the Institute, my efforts and services on behalf of the Congregation will be gratuitous; and that I will claim nothing by way of indemnification, damages or prejudices incurred, both so long as I remain in the Congregation or in case I leave it. Indeed, anything that I receive for a work or in consideration of my person (outside my family patrimony), I receive for the Congregation.
6. That I am at present aware of being called to be a Claretian Missionary according to the (priestly / diaconal / lay) vocation.
Having made this declaration, I
ASK you and your Council to grant me the favor of being admitted to make my first religious profession in the Congregation.
In …………, at ……… on the ….. of……….