PERSONAL PETITION FOR FIRST PROFESSION
(Cf. Dir 201, 217)
Very Rev. ……………………..
Major Superior of …………..
Very Rev. Father Provincial:
As the completion of the time of probation is near at hand, in compliance of the norms established in the Code of Canon Law and in the Directory of our Congregation, I am writing you most sincerely and respectfully, and I hereby
1. That I seek admission, fully aware of what I am doing, in good faith and freely, that is, without guile or fraud, and without being subject to fear or force.
2. That I have a sincere will to profess and remain in the Congregation until death, unless before my perpetual profession I should be overcome by some obstacle which I cannot foresee at present.
3. That I am unaware of having or concealing any excluding impediment or notable defect that could stand in the way of my admission or profession.
4. That I am not responsible for misconduct in sexual matters and that I know and accept the regulations in force for the protection of minors and vulnerable adults and the congregational protocol for the prevention and intervention in cases of sexual abuse (Cf. Dir 190; Protocol 7, 21-22).
5. That I am not liable for economic crimes (Cf. Dir 190).
6. That I gladly accept all the obligations that religious life entails, as practiced or professed in this Congregation; disassociating myself from any possible crime or illicit behavior that would contravene its religious or civil norms.
7. That since religious profession is not in the nature of a work contract between the religious and the Institute, my efforts and services on behalf of the Congregation will be gratuitous; and that I will claim nothing by way of indemnification, damages or prejudices incurred, both so long as I remain in the Congregation or in case I leave it. Indeed, anything that I receive for a work or in consideration of my person (outside my family patrimony), I receive for the Congregation.
8. That I am at present aware of being called to be a Claretian Missionary according to the (priestly / diaconal / lay) vocation.
Having made this declaration, I
ASK you and your Council to grant me the favor of being admitted to make my first religious profession in the Congregation.
In …………, at ……… on the ….. of……….